Thursday 9 June 2011

Tye- Die Tribal nails and an accidental how-to...

I had a moment of inspiration last night for a new nail look and as I was happily painting away I realised how good each stage looked on its own so I photographed them, so now I might as well do a how-to so hear we go...
Stage 1.
IMAG0340
Paint nails a pale colour and then chose a dark and vibrant colour to go over the top. For this colour you have to wipe off the majority of the polish off the brush and then gently swipe it to and fro across the nail- this also looks good with a dark colour underneath a metalic.

Stage 2.
IMAG0342.jpg
Use a black nail art pen to do a line of dots down the middle of each nail- they dont have to be perfect, I actually think it looks a bit better messy.

Stage 3.
IMAG0343
Use the pen again or a striper tool to do two columns of stripes again the messier the better!

And there you have it tye-die tribal nails! I think this one also looks great in super-bright colours- pink and yellow is a personal favourite colour combo.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment